Getting around from Rosyth
Rosyth has excellent transport links with the rest of Fife, Edinburgh and the rest of Scotland.
If you are pre-booked on an excursion from your ship, your coach will leave from the ship's side.
If you have pre-booked other arrangements, are meeting somebody, or would just like to find your own way, then you will be directed on to a coach which will take you on a short trip to the terminal building where our team of volunteers will welcome you, and give you advice to suit your needs.
There is currently no public transport service at the port of Rosyth. Local taxis are available at the terminal building and they will take you to Inverkeithing Railway or to Ferrytoll Bus Link.
The local welcome team also run a courtesy hop on hop off service for most ships calling at Rosyth, taking you to Dunfermline and North Queensferry. Timetables of operation will be provided to your ship before you arrive. We do not offer this service for passengers beginning or ending their journey at Rosyth.
If you wish to organise a private tour, for yourself or your party, please visit the Private Tour link of the 'What is there to see' page.
Some local taxi operators will offer tours on the day to attractions of your choice. Please see entries under taxis to find out more
Inverkeithing Station is the nearest station. To plan your journey by rail, please click here or to find out more about the station facilities please click here.
You can get a taxi at the terminal building which will take you to the Ferrytoll Bus Link. For more information on other buses in Fife and for timetables please click here.
Edinburgh Airport is the nearest airport to Rosyth. It is about 30 minutes drive away.
Parking at the port is restricted, but it is usually possible to bring your car close to the terminal building to collect and drop off visiting guests. Embarking passengers should seek information from their cruise operator about parking availability for the duration of your cruise. There is usually a charge for this facility.
Taxis are available from the terminal building, with journeys to the railway station costing around £10 for four people. A taxi to Edinburgh will cost around £35
We invite you to book those drivers trained and accredited as World Host
- Tony's Taxis 0044 (0) 7444423965 email@example.com
- Wilson's Taxis 0044 (0) 7970803422 Wilson.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reid’s Taxis 0044(0) 7710510309 email@example.com
Other taxis are available
- Joe's Taxis 0044 (0)7852501910 firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 1 TCH Taxis 0044 (0) 1383 415151
- Wee Gem Tours 0044 (0) 7871878181 email@example.com
- GoRa Taxis 0044(0)1383633633 www.gorataxis.co.uk
- Premier Taxis 0044 (0) 1383419533
- Mr G's Taxis 0044 (0) 7919352042
- B&S Taxis 0044 (0)) 1383732379 or 0044 (0) 7963733002
- Dunfermline's Taxis 0044 (0)1383733733
- Central Taxis and Tours firstname.lastname@example.org