Hill of Tarvit Mansionhouse and Garden
Hill of Tarvit Mansionhouse & Garden
Cupar KY15 5PB
31.5 mi (51 mins) from Rosyth
33.5 mi (50 mins) from South Queensferry
43.5 mi (1 hour 9 mins) from Leith
42.5 mi (1 hour 3 mins) from Newhaven
17.0 mi (31 mins) from Dundee
Tel: 08444 932185
An Edwardian mansion and mecca for golfers Hill of Tarvit was originally known as Wemyss Hall. In 1904, the new owner, Frederick Sharp, commissioned architect Robert Lorimer to transform the 17th-century house into a modern 20th-century mansion to display his amazing collection of fine art, porcelain and many other items. When the Sharp family moved into Hill of Tarvit, they had electricity, telephones connecting each room and central heating.
Lorimer also designed the landscaped gardens, with formal lawns, yew hedging, flowering borders and a sunken rose garden. The Sharps then built a 9 hole golf course to fulfil their passion for golf. Today, it has the only exclusively hickory golf course in the UK.